Summer Squash with Nuts & Asiago CheeseOctober 2, 2008 | Sara Thyr, N.D. & South Beach
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, but into 3 inch strips
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 3-inch spears
- 2 tablespoons organic chicken or veggie broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until soft. Add the zucchini, yellow squash, broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes, or until the zucchini and squash are tender. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with the walnuts and cheese.
Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 120 calories; 9 g fat; 1.5 g sat fat; 5 g protein; 5 g carbohydrates; 2 g fiber.