Thumprint CookesOctober 29, 2007 | Jaclyn Chasse, ND
Dr. Chasse’s Delicious Thumbprint Cookies
2 cups organic raw almonds (to make 1 ½ cups almond flour)
1 ½ cups garbanzo bean flour
½ cup vegetable oil (safflower, sunflower, etc)
½ cup sweetener (agave nectar, maple syrup, brown rice syrup)
unsweetened jam of your choice
- In a blender or food processor, grind almonds to make almond flour. You may choose to grind them to a fine consistency or leave larger pieces for a more chunky cookie.
- Add garbanzo bean flour to mixture
- Add vegetable oil and sweetener to mixture. Add water slowly until the mixture is a moist doughy consistency. (About ¼ cup).
- Scoop dough 1tbsp at a time onto a oiled cookie sheet. Make a thumbprint in each cookie. Scoop ½ tsp of jam into the thumbprint.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 9-11 minutes.
- Almond flour with apricot jam.
- Substitute hazelnuts for the almonds and make with orange marmalade. You can even add some orange zest to the dough for an extra kick.
- Substitute pecans for the almonds. Try with a berry jam, like raspberry.
- Be creative! Enjoy!